China, the tourism destination of the future!
In recent years, China has increasingly become a very important tourist destination. Many people are curious to see up close this nation that is growing from year to year, not only economically.
This is why many travel agents offer various packages to allow you to visit three or four Chinese cities such as Beijing, Xian and Shanghai over several days.
But for those who want to come by themselves, i.e. without the assistance of a travel agent, and especially to those who wish to visit Beijing, a place where now I can say is a home away from home; I can recommend a number of places worth seeing.
The main attractions to see in Beijing, within 3/4 days are:
- Tian'anmen Square and the Forbidden City
- The Temple of Heaven
- The Great Wall
- The Summer Palace
- The Lama Temple and Confucius Temple
Above are the main attractions, however there are other places that are also worth a visit, such as:
- The Olympic Village
- District of Art (798 Art District)
- Houhai Lake, home to a myriad of Hutongs (the Hutongsare traditional old houses in Beijing, that are characterisedby narrow streets and alleys).
- The modern and very western Sanlitun district, very popular for its nightlife and luxury shopping centres (thearea is also known for the presence of the largest number of embassies in Beijing, including the Italian Embassy)
- And ultimately, a trip to the Silk Market for relatively cheap shopping, here you can bargain with the shop owners for a better price than is offered.
We come now to one of the questions that many of you ask for, "What is the best time to visit Beijing?"
Without a doubt the best time to visit Beijing is betweenApril and May and also in October.
The winters are very cold, Beijing temperatures can even fall down to -20 degrees, whilst the summers are scorching,they can easily get up to 32/33 degrees.
Last thing, even if it is the most important of all, to visit China you will need a visa. In this case, we are talking about a tourist visa which can last from 30 to 90 days.
To apply for a tourist visa, you need a passport with at least six months validity from expiration, airline and hotelreservations, and you need to fill out a visa application form to submit to your local embassy or visa office.
For any questions or queries about China, please feel free to email me.
See you soon